Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Whole Wheat Museli Bread


I have been doing some experimenting lately with my bread machine & new bread recipes.  My kids love bread & sandwiches. I want them to have the healthiest thing out there, so I have been making breads here at home so I know exactly what is going into them.  And I keep it SIMPLE by making the bread in the bread machine.  For this Whole Wheat Muesli Bread I was totally just experimenting & it turned out amazing!

1 3/4 cups warm water
1 package quick rise yeast
2 Tbls. blackstrap molasses
2 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats, pulsed in the blender for a few seconds
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Muesli cereal

Combine in the bread machine per your bread machine direction, set for a medium whole wheat loaf, press start & enjoy the smells of fresh bread filling your house.  This bread has a dense consistency & is slightly chewy.  It is great with a little neufchatel cheese & sprinkle of cinnamon or a teaspoon of all-natural peanut butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment