2 over-ripe bananas
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup almond flour *
3/4 cup raisins
chia seeds (optional)
*Our almond flour was actually a failed attempt at making almond butter (I need to invest in a food processor for that task!)
We put 1 cup of raw almonds into the blender & pureed for a few minutes, scraping down the sides occasionally. We ended up with extremely finely chopped almonds - like an almond flour. It worked out perfectly for this recipe!
1) Use a fork to smash the bananas in a large bowl (my 2 year old had fun with this!)
2) Mix in the oats, almond flour, & raisins. Stir well until well combined.
3) Distribute mixture evenly into 12 lined muffin tins & press down.
4) Sprinkle a few chia seeds on top if desired.
5) Refrigerate for at least 3 hours so the muffins can set up & become firm.