Sunday, December 22, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I made this Chicken Tortilla Soup in the crock pot the other night & we have been enjoying the left-overs ever since. It is a hit with the whole family & SO SIMPLE. Love it!! 
In a large crock pot combine:
-2 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
-2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes (no salt added)
-32 oz (one box) low sodium chicken stock
-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1-2 tsp. ground cumin (depending on your taste)
-1 tsp black pepper
-1-2 tsp. oregano
-4 cloves minced garlic (or substitute garlic powder)
-1 large Onion, diced
-2 bell peppers, diced (choose your favorite color- I had red on hand)
-2 cups frozen corn
Cook in crockpot on low for approx 8 hours or high for 4 hours. When soup is almost ready, remove chicken & shred with two forks. Then return shredded chicken to the crockpot & stir.
*when serving, as a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt to add a little creaminess.
*I think a can of black beans would be a nice addition as well. I plan on trying that next time I make this. And I WILL be making this again!!


Click here for more clean eating recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment