Taking an old favorite & giving it a new spin one of my favorite things to do. Check out this new twist on stuffed peppers.
1 pound lean ground turkey, browned
1 cup cooked quinoa
6-8 green peppers (depending on size)
1 small tomato, diced
1 small yellow onion, diced finely
1-2 tsp. sea salt, to taste
1-2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Cut the tops off of the green peppers & remove seeds. Dice the usable pieces from the pepper tops.
2. Combine ground turkey, quinoa, diced pepper tops, diced tomato, diced onion, & seasonings. Mix until combined well.
3. Spoon even amounts of turkey & quinoa mixture into green peppers.
4. Place peppers in crock pot, open end facing up. Pour 1/2 cup water into the bottom of the crockpot.
5. Place lid on crock pot. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.