Monday, August 25, 2014

Clean Eating Creamy Curry & Vegetable Soup

This evening I had planned to make my turkey chili recipe....not realizing I was out of chili powder!  So I took a peek in my spice cabinet for inspiration & viola! It hit me....


Clean Eating Creamy Curry Turkey & Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey
1 large onion, diced
2 large carrots, peeled & sliced into rounds
2 large parsnips, peeled & sliced into rounds
4 small sweet peppers, sliced
1 can cannellini beans - drained, rinsed, & pureed **
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 cups fresh baby kale
1 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbls. curry powder
1 Tbls. garlic powder

Directions: 
1) Season ground turkey with sea salt, black pepper, curry powder, & garlic powder. Brown the ground turkey in a large pot.

**2) While the turkey is browning, place cannellini beans in the blender & pulse until smooth.  Add a splash of chicken broth if the mixture is too think to pour.

3) Add onions to the pot & allow to become soft.

4) Add  chicken broth & pureed beans to the pot & stir to incorporate.

5) Add in remaining vegetables & stir well.  Cover & simmer over low heat for 45 mins. - 1 hour.

My entire family devoured this soup!!





No comments:

Post a Comment