Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 & grease bottoms of loaf pans with coconut oil. (2 loaf pans - 8 1/2x 4 1/2x 2 1/2)
2. Mix 15 ounces (1 can) pure pumpkin puree, 1 cup raw honey, 2/3 cup stevia, 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce, 2 teaspoons vanilla, & 4 eggs in a large bowl.
3. Stir in 3 cups whole wheat flour (you could also use spelt flour, quinoa flour, unbleached all purpose flour, or the flour of your choice), 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
4. Stir in 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries & 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional).
5. Divide batter evenly between loaf pans & bake 50-60 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pans. Then loosen the loaves from the sides of the pan with a butter knife, remove from pans, & allow to continue cooling on a wire rack.
*Wrap tightly & store at room temperature for about 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days. You could also make several loaves & freeze this for use throughout the holiday season.
Click here for more clean eating recipes!