Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY Flavored Seltzer Water

This morning started with my toddler climbing on the kitchen counter & hurling a cantaloupe on the floor.  Luckily it didn't make too much of a mess, but it did make me realize that it was time to eat this melon.  About half of the melon was a little beyond prime ripeness (or maybe it was the impact with the kitchen floor that caused the excess squishiness).  So I sliced the cantaloupe & put the over-ripe pieces in the blender.  I gave it a few quick pulses & then poured the liquid cantaloupe into ice cube trays.  A few hours later I was looking to mix up my afternoon water, so I threw a few of the cantaloupe cubes into my cup & topped them with some plain seltzer water.  YUM, YUM, YUM!  I have recently fallen in love with La Crouix naturally flavored seltzer water & this is a fresh twist on this tasty concept & more cost effective!  Bingo!


No comments:

Post a Comment