Sunday, September 14, 2014

Teriyaki Chicken Thighs

I typically go for chicken breasts, but there was a great deal on thighs at the grocery store so I thought I'd give them a whirl.  I knew the crock pot would be the perfect way to maximize the flavor of these thighs.  This recipe took about 10 minutes to put together (an that was mainly because I removed the skin from the chicken thighs).  The kids all cleaned their plates & my hubby loved it too.

Teriyaki Chicken Thighs in the Crock Pot
8-10 chicken thighs, remove the skin
1 - 20oz. can pineapple chunks in juice
1/2 cup liquid aminos
1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
2 Tbls. raw honey
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, pressed

Season chicken thighs with pepper & place in the bottom of the rock pot.  Pour in the pineapple chunks & juice.  Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl & whisk together.  Pour mixture over chicken thighs.  

Place the lid on the crock pot & cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.

We served our teriyaki chicken thighs with brown rice & broccoli.  Yum!!




No comments:

Post a Comment