Chewy granola goodness that the whole family will devour!
3 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
a sprinkle of sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
*raisins would also be amazing in this!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit &
grease an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
2. In a small bowl combine applesauce, pumpkin puree, honey, & vanilla.
3. In a large bowl combine rolled oats & spices.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients & stir until well combined.
5. Fold in pecans & chocolate chips (or raisins).
6. Spread evenly in a greased 8x8 pan.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown.
8. Remove granola bars from the oven & allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 8 bars or 16 squares.