I did a little experiment for dinner tonight. It didn't turn out to be beautiful looking, but it sure was DELICIOUS! I made a "lasagna" with zucchini & eggplant slices.
1) Preheat oven to 425
2) Slice thinly 1 large eggplant & 3 medium/large zucchini
3) Season eggplant & zucchini slices with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, & garlic powder
4) place a can of diced tomatoes (no salt added) in the bottom of a glass baking dish & season with oregano, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, & garlic powder
5) place rows of zucchini & eggplant slices on top of tomatoes
6) top with approx. 1/2 part skim ricotta cheese & 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
7) repeat layers again & top with any remaining zucchini & eggplant slices
cover tightly with aluminum foil & bake 30 mins.
9) uncover & bake an additional 15 mins.
It does not stay together as well as a conventional lasagna when you cut into it, but the flavor is AMAZING!
To find more healthy & delicious recipes click here!