Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chocolate Waffles

 
It's my lovable, kind-hearted, rambunctious third child's 6th birthday & he requested waffles for breakfast. I surprised him with chocolate waffles - I typically have a "no chocolate for breakfast" rule, but you only turn 6 once, so I went for it.  Little does he know, I cleaned up the recipe!


1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup wheat bran
2 Tbls. wheat germ
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2 Tbls. dark chocolate, unsweetened baking cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk OR unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbls. raw local honey
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted OR unsweetened applesauce

🔄Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until the batter is smooth.

 ▶️Follow the manufacturer's directions on your waffle iron for the amount of batter & cooking time for each waffle.

These breakfast treats don't need any syrup, but a smear of all natural peanut butter makes them super-extra-extraordinary. 😋
 

No comments:

Post a Comment