Friday, January 16, 2015

Things I should have said to Carl Daikeler in the elevator...and other thoughts on Super Friday

 
This past weekend I impulsively jumped off of my elevator that was going down & onto an elevator that was going up....I did not need to go up, but I had the opportunity to jump on the elevator with the guy pictured above.  He's not a movie star or a world leader, but he sure is working hard to end the trend of obesity in America - he is the co-founder & CEO of Team Beachbody, Carl Daikeler. 
 
Not many people I know would be this excited to jump on an elevator with their CEO, but as you can see from my cheesy grin, I was totally pumped!  So pumped, in fact, that I didn't have my wits about me to say something meaningful...I have that tendency to get tongue-tied when I get excited.  So, our conversation went something like this...
Me: Carl, can I get on the elevator with you?
 
Carl: Sure
 
Me: <jumping up & down> Can we take a picture?
 
Carl: Sure
 
<I take a few shaky selfies.>
 
Me: Sorry, I'm gross & sweaty (from the 21 Day Fix Extreme workout we just did with Autumn Calabrese)
 
Carl: Yeah, I'm gross too.
 
Me: But you didn't do the workout... <elevator door opens> Thanks for the picture...this will make a great story!
 
<Carl exits elevator.>
 
So after I go down to the floor I had originally intended to & run to tell all my friends about my elevator adventure, I'm driving back to my folks' house where I was spending the weekend.  That's when my brain slows down enough to realize all the things I SHOULD have said to Carl in that elevator.  So here it goes....Carl will probably never read this, but this is what I should have said to him in that elevator....
 
Me: Carl, thanks so much for developing this coaching opportunity & entrusting the growth of your business to people who started out as Beachbody customers.  Had my friend Melanie never posted on Facebook about how she lost her baby weight with Insanity I never would have even thought about buying a Beachbody workout...I'm just not an infomercial watching type of gal.
 
Thank you for challenge groups, without that first challenge group that I joined after having our 4th child I would still be teetering on 200lbs., I would still have zero energy, & I would not feel comfortable in my own skin.
 
Thank you for fostering a community of support & comradeship as we work towards the common goal of a healthier country.  I have reconnected with some wonderful long-time friends & met some fabulous new friends through this fitness family we call Beachbody.  This community of support is what gave me my life back, saved my sanity, & helped me to leave a job that I had become disillusioned with.
 
Thank you for the chance to change lives from the comfort of my home.  I went from working mom to stay at home mom to work from home mom....I never would have dreamed of myself as an entrepreneur, but thanks to coaching, now I am one!  Having the flexibility to work when is best for my family & I is a priceless gift.
 
And Carl would have said: Sure, you're welcome.  (Because he's awesome & humble like that.)
 
Back to reality & what I really did in that elevator...
Totally dorked out!
Thanks for listening & dealing with my wacky personality in that elevator!
 
So this event really was about more than hijacking elevators...
Super Friday in Pittsburgh was a fabulous opportunity, not only for me to learn about some great new things that are coming down the pipeline from Beachbody...
 
Like 21 Day Fix Extreme
 
And Beachbody On Demand...think streaming video library of your favorite Beachbody workouts.  Oh yeah!
 
But I also got to celebrate a successful year with my wonderful team.  These ladies have become some of my dearest friends.  We work together, lift each other up, and strive to make America a healthier place for each & every person who reads our posts, follows our blogs, joins our challenge groups, or likes a  pic on Instagram.  We are out there changing lives & loving every minute of it.
 
 
Click here learn more about the Team Beachbody coaching opportunity.
 
Or better yet, submit your application right now:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment