Sunday, February 9, 2014

My top 5 reasons to make a clean eating meal plan for your family.

Top five reasons why this Fit Momma of Four makes a meal plan:

5. Meal planning helps us to avoid take-out & the dreaded drive-thru!  Because I plan our meals ahead of time & base our meals around our weekly schedule, I can plan easy crock pot meals on nights we are busy with soccer, guitar, and choir.  I can plan a meal that might take a little longer to prepare for an evening when we don't have any activities scheduled.
4. Meal planning helps me try more new recipes.  Before I made meal plans I made whatever was quick, easy, or whatever I could easily throw together from the random ingredients in my fridge & pantry.  When I meal plan I know what ingredients I need to get before I go to the grocery store & I can do a lot of my prep ahead of time.
3. Meal planning saves me money!  I plan every meal of the day - breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snacks.  If it is not on the meal plan, I don't put it in my cart.  I can look at the grocery store sales flyer for the week before making my meal plan & plan my meals around produce & proteins that are on sale that week.
2. Meal planning saves me time!  When my meal plan is in place at the beginning of the week I can do a lot of the prep work ahead of time (usually on Sunday) & I have a lot less chopping & such to do on those busy week nights.
1. Meal planning keeps me on track to reach my health & fitness goals & keeps my family eating clean, healthy foods!

Breakfast is generally oatmeal with fresh fruit, egg white oatmeal, or an egg white scramble with veggies.

Morning snack is always fruit and a protein - almonds, cashews, all-natural peanut butter, or a hard boiled egg.

Lunch is Shakeology time for this Fit Momma of Four!

Afternoon snack is fresh veggie with a protein - hummus, beans, hard boiled egg, or string cheese.

Dinner is where I get more creative.  Here is an example of a week of dinners in our fit family:

Would you like to learn more about clean eating & start a healthier lifestyle?  Join a clean eating group today by completing this application https://jhrbek.wufoo.com/forms/challenge-group-application/ or email me at jessicahrbek@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment