Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Woman's P90X3 Transformation

When I began my fitness journey back in July 2012 I was just hoping to fit into some non-maternity pants for my return to the classroom.  Little did I know I'd gain energy, endurance, a passion for fitness, and shrink out of my regular pants & need to buy new, smaller ones!  But even after completing that first challenge group with ChaLean Extreme, I was still completely intimidated by programs like P90X & Insanity.  I thought Tony Horton & Shaun T were totally intimidating & their workouts were way beyond my scope of comprehension.

I continued my journey with Turbo Fire (a totally fun, kick-butt, kickboxing dance party) and Brazil Butt Lift (great shaping & toning for my bum bum & entire body).  Then came my "AH-HA" moment...I attended Coach Summit in Las Vegas & realized that it was time to Dream Big, push myself outside of my comfort zone, & do something I never thought possible - a Shaun T fitness program.  So I took on the task of completing Focus T25 & found out that not only is Shaun T NOT scary, but I LOVE this guy & the strength & endurance I was gaining from the T25 workouts.  My mind was changing about my physical abilities...I can do anything I push myself to do!

So when P90X3 came along with all the benefits of P90X packed into convenient 30 minute workouts I was sold....challenge accepted!  My main goals were to become more lean, gain some more tone & definition in my muscles (particularly my core, thighs, & backside), and to increase my strength.  P90X3 offers four different schedule options - Classic, Lean, Bulk, & Doubles.  I opted to follow the Lean schedule because the description best met my goals.

I started P90X3 in early January with a group of motivated challengers, ready to get more fit & healthy for the new year.  We came out of the gates running & realized from day one that these 30 minute workouts were no joke.  I left each workout dripping with sweat & feeling accomplished.  The sore muscles were not far behind & after just a week I was noticing a difference in my strength & endurance.

Within 30 days I was already seeing physical changes, specifically in my backside!  Additionally, I was getting stronger - able to do more push-ups on my toes, and able to complete the workouts with more ease.

I had a few bumps along the road when life got in the way causing me to have re-do weeks a few times.  The added hustle & bustle associated with a family trip to Disney & my birthday week caused me to miss several workouts, so I chose to revisit those weeks & crush them before moving on to the next week of workouts.  This put me "behind" schedule, but I wanted to give each week my best effort, so I am happy that I took the time to give those weeks another shot & complete all of the workouts to the best of my ability.

All in all it took me 15 weeks to complete the P90X3 Lean Schedule.  My weight stayed the same, but weight loss was not my goal.  What did change was the definition in my arms, I got an all natural booty lift, and my tummy is more toned.  There is still lose skin in my abdominal area & there probably will always be to some degree - I had 4 babies & 4 c-sections after all!   The biggest change & the one I am most proud of is the increase in my strength.  I can now do a full set of push-ups on my toes!  This is something that was till a struggle when I started P90X3 & they are still not the prettiest of push-ups, but I have improved greatly in this area.  It felt so awesome the first time I made it through a set of "plank sphinx push-ups" that I literally started yelling "whooo-hoooo!" & my kids came running to see what I was celebrating.  Momma is crushing goals kiddos, Momma is crushing goals to be strong for YOU!


Maintained weight
Down 4 inches overall (primarily in hips & thighs)
Tightened, toned, improved endurance, & feeling STRONGER!


Are you ready to begin your health & fitness transformation?  Click here to join a challenge group today!


No comments:

Post a Comment