Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Clean Eating Tuna Patties


I did a little experiment this evening with an old stand-by...Tuna Patties! I really wanted to amp-up the flavor & find a way to make my tuna patties super-healthy. I pulled out my new favorite kitchen appliance & got to work. Here is what I came up with!
Not Your Momma's Tuna Patties
14 oz. tuna (packed in water), well drained
1 large or 2 small yellow squash (or zucchini), shredded
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 medium onion, shredded
* drain extra liquid after shredding veggies to avoid your mixture being too wet!
1 egg + 1 egg white
1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup ground flax seed (flax seed meal)
2 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbls. Black pepper
1 Tbls. Garlic powder
2 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. celery seed
Combine well & form into patties. Place on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet & broil for approx. 5 mins., turn & broil an additional 5 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment